MPchicks Coop Building

MPchicks

Songster
Aug 21, 2019
Central Utah @ 6000 ft elevation
I want to start this thread to share the building of our coops. My two daughters and I are each building our own because we want to each raise our own breed of Sussex (Light, Buff & Speckled). We are really excited by our design. This is my coop. The girls will have the same plan but will personalize it with different colors and items. Watch for more updates on our coop building project.

Where we are building.jpg Here is where we are going to build our coops. The orange paint lines are a rough outline of where they are going to go. It's a beautiful view.

Ok, so we have been working on this project for about a month. Plans are drawn, site is chosen, some of the wood has been bought (excited to find some reclaimed 2x4's from old turkey barns). We have been researching and feeling confident about are build. I apologize for posting to this thread so many times so fast. These are the line drawings of the the framing. They aren't quite complete (I just noticed). On the west side, toward the top, I added a small vent. There is some framing there.
a.JPG SCAN0002a.JPG SCAN0004a.JPG .

They aren't quite complete
Decent orthographic projections.... but, what, no dimensions?!?
Sounds like a cool project!

Oh, and...Welcome to BYC! @MPchicks and daughters
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-8-23_7-56-39.png

We finished this first one and the run. The chickens like it. It provides some shade and a very large living area. I will take pictures of the inside. We are going to paint it when the weather gets a little better.
20200218_074707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom