MPC's silked Easter eggers - who has them?

What do you think of them if you have them? I've added them to my cart 3 times this week, please either convince me to go ahead and get them, or tell me they're the worst chickens ever created so I can stop looking at them. šŸ˜‚
Same. I can't decide if I want to get them! The reviews make it seem like they don't have as high of colored egg % as they claim...but I love silkies anyway and I really want a white one.

I got my first egg today from one of my silkie easter eggers! I love these guys! I'll try to get some pictures of them soon, but here's their first egg. šŸ„° The girls are all very easy going and sweet and curious. The roo, Mr. Fluffles, is adorable but a little extra dumb haha. Overall 10/10 highly recommend. I noticed their price is double what I paid last year so I'm not sure I'd buy at that price but I'd say these puffballs are splurge-worthy.

Attachments

• 20230114_100724.jpg
    20230114_100724.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 45
What do you think of them if you have them? I've added them to my cart 3 times this week, please either convince me to go ahead and get them, or tell me they're the worst chickens ever created so I can stop looking at them. šŸ˜‚
I have one! She was $22 (that doesnā€™t include shipping!šŸ„“). She is the cutest and sweetest of my 12 chickens! I wish I wouldā€™ve gotten two of them. She is little and fluffy. Not as fluffy as a silky, but she doesnā€™t have very many ā€œregularā€ feathers. Sheā€™s six months old now and hasnā€™t laid an egg. Hereā€™s hoping it will be blue! But if itā€™s not, I would have still bought her. I love her sweet gentle personality! Donā€™t tell the other ladies, but she is my favorite.šŸ„°

Attachments

• FB34980B-35D6-4E26-ADF2-ACB32A969061.jpeg
    FB34980B-35D6-4E26-ADF2-ACB32A969061.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 42
I have one! She was $22 (that doesnā€™t include shipping!šŸ„“). She is the cutest and sweetest of my 12 chickens! I wish I wouldā€™ve gotten two of them. She is little and fluffy. Not as fluffy as a silky, but she doesnā€™t have very many ā€œregularā€ feathers. Sheā€™s six months old now and hasnā€™t laid an egg. Hereā€™s hoping it will be blue! But if itā€™s not, I would have still bought her. I love her sweet gentle personality! Donā€™t tell the other ladies, but she is my favorite.šŸ„°
Cream Puff laid the lightest blue egg in the picture (the big blue egg is from the Cream Legbar)! She is 7 months old. So happy itā€™s blue, not cream!

Attachments

• DD5D7C5D-9F37-44BB-A8CC-794A9EA1BB09.jpeg
    DD5D7C5D-9F37-44BB-A8CC-794A9EA1BB09.jpeg
    875.5 KB · Views: 37
I added one to my order out of curiosity. Sheā€™s 9 months old and just laid her first egg. Sheā€™s a smidge bigger than my polish, but fluffy like my silkies. Sheā€™s sweet, but cautious and reserved.

I just ordered 4 females from MPC at $66 a piece :) And I'm happy to pay it. I believe they were priced so high because I wanted sexed girls. A silkie with the hopes of laying a blue egg? YESSSSS! These will be my first chickens ever. Coop being built now. I'm super eggcited hehe. I read the reviews on the website and online and was sold on MPC's reputation and on this special breed they have developed. I think its really exciting to see what surprises this cross can offer in the terms of looks and egg color. Easter eggers come with the same gamble on egg color. Its the surprise that is fun.

I know paying so much per chick seems ridiculous to many, but to me, it's worth it. So much money will get spent on feed, coop, and fun food and extras over the next years, so what's paying this much for a fun breed really in the end of it all?

Back
Top Bottom