Ms. Picky Here... Want a Simple/'Cheep' Coop

ContessaKris

Songster
10 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Grandview (SKC), MO
I don't know how long I've been looking at coops, months now. Some have good instructions, some don't. The easier, simpler ones look good but figuring out exactly what they used to make the simple coop takes a lot of planning.

I want a plan for a coop, cheap coop, simple coop w/ run and I want the instructions to have a list of what I need ("buy 10 2x4s, 4 1x3s, 2 boxes of penny nails"), something like that.

Are there any plans out there like that, that are free?

I've been scouring the coop section but most people don't make a list of what they use to build it. I'll keep looking... Just wondered if anyone had plans or know of a website that provides free plans like this...

If you have found a design you like, I can draw up some simple plans and a materials list if you want.
Just as long as I have no liability for doing so.
And yes, I am a geeky design tech and it would be fun for me.

Iheartchicks<3
smile.png
:

in the "coops" section of byc. Sorry if thats not much help!

Sorry for the dumb question (I'm new) but isn't this the coop section?

Mikey​

Mikey - only dumb question is the one not asked.
wink.png
This is the coop section; but the photo section of the coops has a lot of information in it. Just have to trowel through each one though, as some have indepth info on how they built it.
D.gif

I just got a bunch of wood pallets from a friends hubby's work.. and started to dismantle them.. and I'm enclosing the first 2 feet bottom up of the porch all the way around.. excpt for a small section. for the door.. and section where they will go out into a old wire chicken coop i was givin that is out in the sun so they can get some sunshine.

nothing fancy. I someay hope to have a lil house that they can go in but for now a girl can dream.

and I am just doing what i can on a spur as I went from 0 to 13 chickens over night!.. when a stray chicken moved into my yard n hatched baby's under the porch. lol

"Chicken Coops for Dummies" has exactly what you need: materials lists, drawings, steps listed in order, etc. And there are instructions for a simple coop for about 4 chickens all the way up to a larger coop for many more.

You can buy that book right here in BYC, in the BYC Bookstore and it helps support the site.

I highly recommend the book. Highly.

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered the book last night.

We were in a feed store yesterday and hubby was all excited about the big coops you could buy there (mind you, this is the man who has NOT been wanting chickens at all.) Next thing you know he's ohhhhing and ahhhhing over all the chicken amenities as well. hehe I'll make a chicken farmer out of him yet!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom