Do you like this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It's okay

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
yeah, luckily i only had two out of.................. 16 die while i owned them. the first one was much more dramatic because i watched my dog snap her neck when she stuck her head out of the fence to eat some grass and i saw it all from my seat at the dinner table (she was my favorite too)
sad.png
. i also heard that my rooster i gave away to a friend about a year ago mysteriously disappeared, but i also heard that one of his hens hatched like, a dozen of his chicks, so at least something good came out of that.
smile.png

I have only lost two chickens to predators in the 3 years that I have owned them. I lost a lot to illness in the first year because my first chickens were ones that I rescued from horrible conditions. The two that I lost from predators were from raccoons. It was an AWFUL thing to see first thing in the morning when I walked into the coop. Raccoons are vicious.
I have lost one chicken to a coon. Coons are just mean. I caught 25 like last year.

i really want to raise some silkie chicks this spring
fl.gif
, but it would be hard because i only have room for about two more chickens and pretty much all silkies are straight run, and i would like to get a large fowl which are pretty hard to get, and..... i just wish i would have gotten that one silkie that i almost got at the feed store last spring.

i really want to raise some silkie chicks this spring
fl.gif
, but it would be hard because i only have room for about two more chickens and pretty much all silkies are straight run, and i would like to get a large fowl which are pretty hard to get, and..... i just wish i would have gotten that one silkie that i almost got at the feed store last spring.
I hope you can find some LF Silkies!

Back
Top Bottom