Murder Mystery :(

A relatively small stray cat killed my neighbors 2 roosters simultaneously and didn’t eat them. He just “played” with them until they took enough damage to die, then left. They found them dead in the morning, it had plenty of time to eat them if it had wanted to.
Ok, Question??
How are you going to get close enough to that cage to put him out of your misery for killing your poor chicken? Even, if hes not guilty, he is trapped?? Eeeeak!!!

Live release just like this except with big tarp :)

I have previously posted this on another thread. If you catch be prepared to eliminate most catches. We have been the recipients of other peoples relocations. We are rural on a dead end road. In many places it's illegal to relocate unless you get the property owners permission where you plan to relocate the predator to. Of course that rarely happens. Most people just drop their catches off. A few years ago we were being over run with skunks. A friend of our overheard some people at the local doughnut shop about relocating skunks in our area. In a couple of weeks I caught a skunk nightly. One night I got two skunks in one trap. I dug a very big hole on the back of our property. Every day I eliminated the skunks caught and in the hole they went with some dirt over them. One of the skunks tried to dig under a gate to the pen at a chick/grow-out coop. The pop door was partially shut and some of the chicks couldn't get into the coop and it was dark out when I realized it. I went out and there was the skunk digging. When it saw me it turned towards me and stomped it feet. I went in the house and got my gun hoping it had left but was still there and again it stomped it's feet at me so I shot it and put a bucket over it until I could deal with it in the morning. Once I found this at the end of my driveway. Someone's relocation. Apparently they didn't want it so dropped it off.
IMG_3563.JPG

I have previously posted this on another thread. If you catch be prepared to eliminate most catches. We have been the recipients of other peoples relocations. We are rural on a dead end road. In many places it's illegal to relocate unless you get the property owners permission where you plan to relocate the predator to. Of course that rarely happens. Most people just drop their catches off. A few years ago we were being over run with skunks. A friend of our overheard some people at the local doughnut shop about relocating skunks in our area. In a couple of weeks I caught a skunk nightly. One night I got two skunks in one trap. I dug a very big hole on the back of our property. Every day I eliminated the skunks caught and in the hole they went with some dirt over them. One of the skunks tried to dig under a gate to the pen at a chick/grow-out coop. The pop door was partially shut and some of the chicks couldn't get into the coop and it was dark out when I realized it. I went out and there was the skunk digging. When it saw me it turned towards me and stomped it feet. I went in the house and got my gun hoping it had left but was still there and again it stomped it's feet at me so I shot it and put a bucket over it until I could deal with it in the morning. Once I found this at the end of my driveway. Someone's relocation. Apparently they didn't want it so dropped it off.
IMG_3563.JPG

I'm sorry that keeps happening to you. We released it where we found it... If we knew for certain it was a direct threat we have the tools to eliminate it... Just hoping we won't have to. I'm aware it's illegal to relocate so no worries there. :) Poor ducky did you end up raising it? :(

It turned out to be a goose. A friend told me of some friends of his that was looking for a goose, so I gave it to them. It went to a good home.

Back
Top Bottom