Murray McMurray Hatchery?

So will your order by affected my the USPS embargo they set up? Maybe it’s just where I live but the postal service said they weren’t going to ship live animals for the next two week because they were backed up in packages! I’ve got several emails from different hatcheries telling me this and asking for me to like email the governor.. my order is in May so it won’t effect it. But did you hear about this? (Again I live in Mn and the hatcheries sending me this mostly out of IA so maybe it’s just where I live)
Yes, I received an email early today from MM hatchery. They gave all the details for contacting your local representatives. I immediately fired off emails to both my Senators. It is nationwide policy of the USPS.

We must ask our representatives to intervene and request priority be given poultry and medical supplies. Many do not understand that the USPS is the only source for delivery of chicks and the interdependence of scheduled hatches and deliveries to preventing serious losses in birds lives and harm to small farmers and homesteaders that depended on those deliveries, as well as the devastating economic loss to the hatcheries in an already, hostile business environment! New slippers, Iphone products, couch covers and etc. are non essential items, as is most postal freight, other than medical and live poultry delivery. The delay of household , personal comfort, office supplies, gifts and etc. are not going to be hurt in most cases by delays of a couple weeks!

@Birdsonghill ugh! I agree! All the non essentials can wait but live animals can’t.
It’s been really weird with our post office! When we send out letters they are getting damaged like we sent a post card the other day and the people who got it sent a picture of the post card, half of it was ripped off! And then another letter the corner was burnt! Somethings going on and it’s really weird

@feather13 actually it’s been in the 30s where I live! It’s super nice right now. Th USPS just said the chicks weren’t essential so they were going to stop taking them for two weeks since they’re backlogged.
Yeah I was wondering what they were going to do with two week old chicks too. Maybe sell as pullets..? Idk
I only hope that they can accommodate that many additional birds. A lot of chicks may face possible crowded and poor conditions or worse, at some hatcheries...

So will your order by affected my the USPS embargo they set up? Maybe it’s just where I live but the postal service said they weren’t going to ship live animals for the next two week because they were backed up in packages! I’ve got several emails from different hatcheries telling me this and asking for me to like email the governor.. my order is in May so it won’t effect it. But did you hear about this? (Again I live in Mn and the hatcheries sending me this mostly out of IA so maybe it’s just where I live)
I believe as of right now the only orders affected are this week & next week orders. So my order being shipped out the first week of March is still ok but if my order is pushed back a few weeks that will be ok with me also. I haven't got any email or call from Murray McMurray Hatchery telling me of any changes in my order so at this time I believe my order is still in the process to be sent out the first week of March.

Last edited:
Well got this email a few days ago but with the shipping embargo that is now in effect I am not sure if they will be sending out the Bielefelder chicks the first week of March or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210217-192751.png
    Screenshot_20210217-192751.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 16
I believe as of right now the only orders affected are this week & next week orders. So my order being shipped out the first week of March is still ok but if my order is pushed back a few weeks that will be ok with me also. I haven't got any email or call from Murray McMurray Hatchery telling me of any changes in my order so at this time I believe my order is still in the process to be sent out the first week of March.

Here is the alert from the Post office and reason it has more to do with the storm that just went through
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/

Back
Top Bottom