Murray McMurray Hatchery?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
I have been looking around for a place with a nice variety of guineas. I checked out my normal hatcheries I have purchased from but they only seem to have 2, 3 or 4 different types of guineas. I like variety and was hoping to find a nice hatchery where I could get a large selection. The variety pack on McMurray offered a selection from 13 different types of guineas. I have not found any other hatchery with even close to that selection. So far McMurray is the front runner but I probably will not be ordering birds for 2012 so I have a bit of time to shop around. Any recommendations or experiences with hatcheries would be much appreciated.

I looked all over recently for the largest color variety from one hatchery, and went with Stromberg's. Their prices are a little higher than the others, but they have lots of colors which was important to me. Also, you probably know this already, but from what I read, if you want to preserve your variety, don't get the normal pearl color, as that is dominant over the other colors and will wipe out your variety if you breed them. Hope that helps! Please report back if you find a better source!

I actually had no idea of that at all. Does it matter if the pearl guineas are male or female or is it all pearl guineas?

I agree, they have a great selection
I read somewhere that Stromberg's gets their guineas from this source
they have a higher minimum than stromberg's, that's why I didn't order from them, I couldn't split the order with anybody

Ordered 15 keets from Strombergs.... they are now 2 wks, and all healthy. Ordered a hatchery mix, & have a nice variety! All arrived healthy, & Strombergs was great to deal with. They called, sent info in the mail as to date. Please do remember that their prices DO include shipping, unlike most other hatcheries. I believe that they source their keets from another hatchery - chicks as well, but have done business with them several times, totally satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom