Murray McMurray mystery chick.

estager

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2017
Saylorsburg, PA
I bought chickens in early July to rejuvenate my predator-decimated laying flock. This year has been a doozy for us y'all, I can't even.. from 25 to 10 in a MONTH! Raccoons inside the coop, foxes grabbing them while we're in the yard, we almost gave up. ANYWAY.

We purchased 25 black sexlinks and 2 dark brahma roosters from Murray McMurray. Everyone arrived hale and hearty. I was sent not one, but two, mystery chicks. Both looked almost exactly the same as the brahma roos and I never thought to check all their feet. I work a lot, so my husband does much of the tending.

Today we moved them out of the brooder pen and into the secondary run/coop to stretch their legs and grow before they join the rest of my hens. Whereupon I noticed that what I thought were two brahma mystery chicks, was only one. The second is taller, thinner, and has the most striking slate gray (unfeathered) legs.

My Google Fu has not been strong as he (I assume, from the comb) is still quite young.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• PXL_20210825_234823978.jpg
    PXL_20210825_234823978.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 21
I bought chickens in early July to rejuvenate my predator-decimated laying flock. This year has been a doozy for us y'all, I can't even.. from 25 to 10 in a MONTH! Raccoons inside the coop, foxes grabbing them while we're in the yard, we almost gave up. ANYWAY.

We purchased 25 black sexlinks and 2 dark brahma roosters from Murray McMurray. Everyone arrived hale and hearty. I was sent not one, but two, mystery chicks. Both looked almost exactly the same as the brahma roos and I never thought to check all their feet. I work a lot, so my husband does much of the tending.

Today we moved them out of the brooder pen and into the secondary run/coop to stretch their legs and grow before they join the rest of my hens. Whereupon I noticed that what I thought were two brahma mystery chicks, was only one. The second is taller, thinner, and has the most striking slate gray (unfeathered) legs.

My Google Fu has not been strong as he (I assume, from the comb) is still quite young.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Silver Phoenix cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom