Muscovey Ducks killing ducklings and fighting

MuscovymamaG

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
Hi! Yesterday my 2 ducks killed a duckling after checking the footage I can't tell you how brutal that was they keep hitting him until he was dead and he was just 10 days old.. today I see that their own ducklings were fighting with each other and hurting badly they are around 45 days old.
Is there any solution to calm them down like they are literally killing each other.

5 ducks and 1 drake in total in 550sq ft backyard. 1 of them had her 14 ducklings now they aren't accepting any new comer or even the older ones they want it for them I have bought some silver Muscovey chicks all other ducks are nice to them except these 2 mama and aunt duck they killed one of the duckling yesterday and today their own kids were fighting like cats and dogs. I don't know why this much aggression they have their own pool 24/7 food and clean water with vitamins supply fruits n veggies still this much aggression is not understandable.

New ducklings not hatched by your current birds would be seen as intruders. It's best to do a slow introduction through a fence. I personally would keep the new ones penned separately for a while until they are big enough to get away. Probably another month or two.

Ducklings sometimes bicker. It doesn't usually get too bad, and usually they are just working out a pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom