Muscovey pipping question

Well so glad I intervened. Three died in shell but I have five survivors!! I think I need to work on my humidity they were pretty dry inside.
So sorry about the ones you lost but very happy that you were able to save 5 of them, from all I have read it's
very hard to hatch Muscovy's in a bator, I just let my ducks do it. Much less stress. Post pics when you can..

Last edited:
I have 3 girls. One hatched eight and the other two are nest sharing. Have heard that doesn't always produce good results but they are having nothing to do with me trying to split up the eggs to two nests. I have fifteen more eggs in my bator so hopefully I get better as I go. I'm using two incubators, locking down the ones ready to hatch by themselves. Will take some pics after work today!!

Hate to barge in but just started with my first attempt at incubating runner duck eggs. How important is misting these guys? After I mist them the temp goes down and I have a hard time getting it back up. Can I control the humidity by just adding sponges? Ducklings are the best. ( don't tell the chickens ) Can't wait to see pics of you're babies!

Does it give you problems? I had a steady temp all day yesterday. Then I misted last night. When I checked it this morning it was at 97. The misting seems to take the temp down then it doesn't come back up. Grrrrr

Yep. My fiance calls me nuts because I wake in the night to check on the temp. Lol of course the crazy may come from talking to eggs?? Lol

Yeah my husband thinks I'm a dork too. They just don't get it. You've had fairly successful hatches though? I'm paranoid. I've hatched chicks out but the temp held without the misting.

Back
Top Bottom