Muscovies eating less than usual

binji

Chirping
Jul 2, 2016
for the past 3 or 4 days ive been noticing my muscovies, who are around 12 weeks old, havent been eating as much? they used to go through a bowl a day and now they barely eat half and im worried. their droppings have been watery but they act normally otherwise? they have been eating some grass though

Do they free-range, or have they been allowed out to forage more than usual lately? Ducks find alot of things to eat on their own if they are given the opportunity (insects, grass, vegetation, snails, etc), so maybe they are finding enough other things to eat that they don't need as much of their usual food. For example, my ducks don't eat as much of their pellets right now because there are lots of insects, snails, and slugs around right now for them to eat.

they freerange from about 10 or 11 in the morning to whenever they decide to climb up on the porch in the evening so i really hope youre right

Do they free-range, or have they been allowed out to forage more than usual lately? Ducks find alot of things to eat on their own if they are given the opportunity (insects, grass, vegetation, snails, etc), so maybe they are finding enough other things to eat that they don't need as much of their usual food. For example, my ducks don't eat as much of their pellets right now because there are lots of insects, snails, and slugs around right now for them to eat.
X2

Mine are eating less of their feed now.

Just continue to watch them over a period of time. If they continue being active and alert, you can just count it as saving up your feed a little bit more. I put out food 2x a day but I don't worry if they finished one round of their food before the next time comes. (Or at least what I mean is that they don't finish it quickly, meaning they are self-controlling or they're not as hungry as they might be given that they are free-roaming around the yard)

Back
Top Bottom