Muscovy Drake Needs a New Home

rbaker0345

Big Mamma Brahma
8 Years
Oct 18, 2011
Beaufort, NC Outer Banks
Hi, My name is Renee and I live in Eastern NC. My mother is having some serious health problems and so I went up to NY to take care of some business for her and to bring her dog home with me.

She also owns a black Muscovy Drake and I think there was some miscommunication regarding his care because when I got there he was loose in her garage, with plenty of food but no water anywhere. He was dehydrated and thin, so I put him in a cat carrier and took him home too.

The only problem is that I already have a pair of Muscovies and one hen is not enough for two boys. He is now confined to a 6X7 pen and he is well fed and getting some sunlight and fresh greens, but he can't spend his whole life in a cage.

Is there anybody out there who would like to give this boy a home? When I have some babies from my current pair, I can give you some girls, however many you would like. He is a black muscovy with the white primary feathers and some white flecking on his head and neck. His carunckles are a little bit smooth at the moment, but I have seen him where they were plentiful and overflowing, so I think that being top dog again would trigger the hormones that grow his carunckles.

Please PM me and I will give you my phone number.

Thanks so much for looking.

Hi, My name is Renee and I live in Eastern NC. My mother is having some serious health problems and so I went up to NY to take care of some business for her and to bring her dog home with me.

She also owns a black Muscovy Drake and I think there was some miscommunication regarding his care because when I got there he was loose in her garage, with plenty of food but no water anywhere. He was dehydrated and thin, so I put him in a cat carrier and took him home too.

The only problem is that I already have a pair of Muscovies and one hen is not enough for two boys. He is now confined to a 6X7 pen and he is well fed and getting some sunlight and fresh greens, but he can't spend his whole life in a cage.

Is there anybody out there who would like to give this boy a home? When I have some babies from my current pair, I can give you some girls, however many you would like. He is a black muscovy with the white primary feathers and some white flecking on his head and neck. His carunckles are a little bit smooth at the moment, but I have seen him where they were plentiful and overflowing, so I think that being top dog again would trigger the hormones that grow his carunckles.

Please PM me and I will give you my phone number.

Thanks so much for looking.

Don't know if she needs another drake but you might try PMing BHep she lives in the Eastern part of the state.

Awww! I hope you find him a home. I have 12 girls and only 2 boys here but not another pen for another male. I have 2 breeding pens set up for them now. Last summer someone called me looking for a black Muscovy drake but he found one and I haven't had any other inquiries.
I love Muscovies adn woudl love to add more but keeping them all separated and not fighting in the spring would be harder for me.

You should post in the NC thread too.
I tried to copy the link but not sure how since we've gone to the new set up. But anyway it's in the "Where am I Where are you" NC thread.. let us know how you make out.

Last edited:
Thanks, I wasn't aware there was an NC thread. Now I have another thread to keep me on BYC for hours a day.

Yep
wink.png
and I hang out there some too. I hope you'll let us know when you find him a home. I would love to help but being in Western NC and already having 2 drakes, I am draked out.

Back
Top Bottom