Muscovy duck egg sack watery?

Miss Cheep

Songster
Aug 6, 2021
WA state
Hi! I was candling some of my Muscovy duck eggs and noticed the air sac was watery on it. Is it normal? It’s been about 2 weeks since I started incubating it. I attached a video of me turning it slightly so you can see what it looks like. Let me know if the link doesn’t work.

Hi! I was candling some of my Muscovy duck eggs and noticed the air sac was watery on it. Is it normal? It’s been about 2 weeks since I started incubating it. I attached a video of me turning it slightly so you can see what it looks like. Let me know if the link doesn’t work.

The link works for me! I personally have zero experience with this stuff, but I have heard of detached air cells. Could that be it? Was the egg shipped? Hopefully my response bumps it up so someone more experienced can help you. Good luck!

The link works for me! I personally have zero experience with this stuff, but I have heard of detached air cells. Could that be it? Was the egg shipped? Hopefully my response bumps it up so someone more experienced can help you. Good luck!
Thank you! The egg is from my own duck, and if it’s a detached air cell, will the baby survive?

it looks like the air cell is detached, maybe not fully, but partially at least. Baby might be fine but its worth looking into detached aircells as you may want to try a different incubation/lockdown method.

Back
Top Bottom