Muscovy Duck eggs pipped earlier (Day 31)

Tortilla

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2019
Hello My muscovy duck eggs pipped today,even tho its day 31 ,i tried to candle them and 4/5 muscovy duck eggs pipped internally and 2 externally,the last one didnt pip yet but i can see the little duck inside. Is it ok for them to hatch this early? I have them under a broody muscovy duck ,the thing is, here in my country ,it is very hot,yesterday we hit around 37C outside,i always see her (broody duck) that she stays up ,probably because of these insane temperatures and eggs temperature,cant blame her. Im worried because she has under her 2 eggs of chicken too,we put them under her after 2 weeks so they can all hatch in the same day,the chickens egg didnt pipped internally yet..
Thank you! And sorry for the bad english!

Yep, day 31 for external pipping is perfectly normal. They usually go 2 days between ext pip and zip, so hatch date for yours will be around day 33.

What day is the chicken eggs on? They're fine at the same temp as muscovy eggs so I'm sure mom has full control on their heat. 37C outside is hot though! Her nest is in the shade I hope?

Yep, day 31 for external pipping is perfectly normal. They usually go 2 days between ext pip and zip, so hatch date for yours will be around day 33.

What day is the chicken eggs on? They're fine at the same temp as muscovy eggs so I'm sure mom has full control on their heat. 37C outside is hot though! Her nest is in the shade I hope?
The chicken eggs are on day 17 almost 18, and yes her nest is in the shade.
Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom