Muscovy Duck Eye Issue

TwoRoosters123

Hatching
Sep 23, 2023
Hello, I have a Muscovy duck that I rescued from South Florida that has an eye issue. The history of this duck, is that she was feral and was brought into captivity due to botulism. She has completely recovered from that. However, her lower eye lid seems to have a protrusion/ bulge of tissue. I initially thought this was an old injury, however, it has gotten worse and now both eyes have it. What do you think this is?

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 24
Are those bubbles in the eyes? Conjunctivitis is possible, and it can be from MG. I would, flush the eyes with saline eye wash twice a day and apply either Terramycin eye or Neosporin ointment twice daily. If it doesn’t clear up, I would use an antibiotic such as Tylosin to treat her.

Are those bubbles in the eyes? Conjunctivitis is possible, and it can be from MG. I would, flush the eyes with saline eye wash twice a day and apply either Terramycin eye or Neosporin ointment twice daily. If it doesn’t clear up, I would use an antibiotic such as Tylosin to treat her.
Thanks for the reply! There are no bubbles. I have already tried Terramycin and I does not seem to have improved.

Does she have any other symptoms? I am more familiar with chickens than ducks, but there can be a number of things that can cause conjunctivitis, and there may be other symptoms. Chlamydia is one, and would require antibiotics that treat it. Your vet might be the best person to ask.

Does she have any other symptoms? I am more familiar with chickens than ducks, but there can be a number of things that can cause conjunctivitis, and there may be other symptoms. Chlamydia is one, and would require antibiotics that treat it. Your vet might be the best person to ask.
The odd thing is, she acts perfectly fine. That’s why I initially thought it was an old injury. I will contact a vet. Thanks so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom