Muscovy Duck "ODD" Behavior

NYSilkies12601

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2015
Poughkeepsie NY 12601
Hi everyone: Not sure if this is the correct place to post but figured I would give it a whirl. I have a small backyard flock of Muscovy Ducks (1 Drake and 5 Ducks). They have been with me since babies and they are now going on 3 years old. I have a very small piece of property in the 'city' but they free range the entire yard 90% level and grassy. My problem is that a few of the ducks (females) have literally been eating the foundation of my house so much so that I think the house will collapse (LOL)! It is a very old house and the foundation is made up of huge rocks set in place with cement that has been dyed red! The house is over 100 years old so who knows what is in the foundation. They have literally eaten large holes in the foundation and they just don't stop! It does not matter if it is spring (and they are laying) or in the dead of winter. They just don't stop. They are fed a commercial duck feed from Blue Seal Multiflock Pellets 22% Protein. They also get some cracked corn or whole corn mixed from time to time. The yard is golf-course like with lush green grass that they forage through non-stop and back to the feed I add a little oyster shell and some coarse grit. Any idea what their issue is? Short of spending $$$$$ bringing them to a vet, just wondering what is so appetizing for them.

Back
Top Bottom