Muscovy duckling colors!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Buck Oakes, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

So I had three muscovy ducklings hatch on Friday an one hatched to day, two are black but I don't know what the other two are, can u help?

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

1 person likes this.
  3. Buck Oakes

Thanks , but they don't keep changing colors, I just don't know what color those lighter brown ones will be and okay I'll make sure to look through the thread

4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Well, mine have really kept changing colors.

I had one that was white with a very faint gray cap. Now at 8 months she is suddenly more of a silver, all over her back, where she used to be white.

I don't understand how these things are possible, but they do sometimes change drastically.

The only thing that has stayed the same is how much pigment they had on their legs...that has stayed the same. However, the pigment on their bills has changed.

I had a couple that hatched pretty chocolate looking, and I don't think that any of them, at 13 weeks really looks chocolate any more.

Odd, and weird.

5. Buck Oakes

Yeah , they change colors after prematurity so, it happens

6. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Looks brown...

hmm now to scour through my old shots lol and Alaskan is right, they change rather quickly, some will fool you.. i had some i swore were going one direction colour wise and then took another, guess they like to keep you guessing.

The little one standing is a brown and white. It's Mabel from my June hatch last year.

[​IMG]

Here same two later on.. i thought her brother(behind her) was going blue but he went black...(obvious in this shot of coarse)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by