Muscovy ducklings

Birch Run - I should have mentioned how gorgeous your boy is and neglected to do so. But he definitely is.

And can I just say that after one full day I now understand the baby chick/duckling addiction?? O.M.G.! They are so freaking cute!! Please tell me that mine aren't the only ones with the hive mind? When they are more used to me I'll get pics. Right now when my hand goes in there they all cower in the corner.

About 20 seconds after I put food in there one of them gets brave enough to turn around and look. Some sort of signal apparently goes out then because they leap on the food like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

One or two of the yellow ones seem to have black skin on their heads underneath the yellow fuzz, so I'm thinking I'll have some surprises as they grow up. Three chocolate brown and one brown that is so perfectly pied in a gorgeous minimal pattern that is almost perfectly even on both sides.

I'm going to enjoy them immensely as babies but I can't wait to see them grow up either.

Sarah

We have White Muscovy ducks and they were all yellow when they were babies. We still call them Rubber Duckies. LOL

Birch your Muscovies are just beautiful!

I find that yellows tend to be whites, browns tend to be browns, blacks tend to be blacks, and color mixes usually look the same in adulthood.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

When you said the parents were chocolate I assume solid and not pied. I have solid muscovy and if the parents are brown can carry a pastal gene and the yellow ducklings could be cream.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom