Muscovy ducklings!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Goat_Walker, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I have some Muscovy ducklings hatching soon [​IMG] I know they say dont count your chicks before they hatch but this mama is just absolutely wonderful and i have had no bad eggs so far from her! Everything is nice and clean and smelling good! she doesnt even leave her broody poo near the nest!

So if anyone in alabama, Pville, millbrook, wetumpka, selma, santuck, troy areas ( lol ) are interested in a few they guys will be needing new homes! I have pictures on mama, dad and previous hatches if interested. Im thinking they will all be black pied , although both parents have chocolate in the lineage.

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have a male and female Muscovy ducklings and i absolutely love them they are only 5 weeks old and they are so cute when they run around in the yard. i am going to get some more Muscovy's later maybe but i would like to hear more about them before i do that i was wondering how long has your female been laying on this nest of eggs? and how many eggs is she siting on? i also have 1 Ancona duckling 1 khaki Campbell 1 (unknown) and a crested muscovy which i'm not sure what to do with im a newbie so i got mine at a near by co-op and they didn't know what they were so im still researching all these different breeds but i LOVE the muscovy's and im sticking with them.javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'');

3. Nateforau

Nateforau Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    Odenville, AL
    Love my Muscovies. They think they are dogs and eat, sleep and play with my Great Pyrenees mix.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Hello! Muscovies dont come in crested, so you either have a mixed breed or its not a muscovy [​IMG] have you checked the muscovy thread in the duck forum ? over 100 pages of nothing but scovies! Scovies are more related to geese than ducks in DNA but are still placed in the duck category. They sit on their eggs for 35 days where as other breeds of ducks only sit on them for 28. Muscovies also come in almost every color there is. She is only sitting on 17 ( including a double yolker ) but ive had females hatch out between 20 and 23 ducklings with no problem, scovies are THE BEST moms!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by