Muscovy Ducks Won't Leave Nest

I have a wild Muscovy duck that started laying eggs in April in my flowerbed. She laid about 18 eggs. She is still sitting on them 3 months later. I feel bad for her and don’t know what to do.
I have a similar issue. I have a wild Muscovy duck and her eggs are gone but she is staying on the empty nest. I'm hopeful that she will soon leave but she is persistent. I don't want to scare her off as she has always come to our yard for food and she's laid eggs previously with success.

I have Muscovy and it takes time for the hormones to get back to normal, they will, just let her get over it on her own. What happened to her eggs? If you want to try you could tear up her nest and place something over top of it [doesn't always work though] Heres a picture of my Muscovy IMG_1772.jpeg after I took her out of her nest and placed a bale of shaving in it so she wouldn't sit any longer haha.

I have Muscovy and it takes time for the hormones to get back to normal, they will, just let her get over it on her own. What happened to her eggs? If you want to try you could tear up her nest and place something over top of it [doesn't always work though] Heres a picture of my Muscovy View attachment 3604132
after I took her out of her nest and placed a bale of shaving in it so she wouldn't sit any longer haha.
Many of her eggs were taken by a predator but most of them never formed and eventually broke. I live in Florida and wonder if the current weather pattern of extreme heat or lower humidity caused them not to form properly.

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_121704060.jpg
    PXL_20230728_121704060.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 0
Hard to say what may have caused it if she wasn’t leaving the nest and allowing the eggs the cool time that may have had something to do with it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom