Muscovy Egg always fail at final stage. HELP...

NatureFarm-Sam

Hatching
Feb 5, 2016
Hi.
I am having trouble in hatching muscovy egg. I been hatching quail, chicken, pigeon and even goose but not for muscovy. The incubation is fine and everything just good until the final stage that the egg can't be candle anymore. So I am waiting for it to hatch and put it aside and no more turning. But I start feeling weird that until 50 days and still no respond. So I decide to try take it out and crack a little hole from the air cell and see what happen. What I see is, it is already in shape and complete but doesn't pip the shell. 10 eggs all having the same problem. I am confused... what is going wrong? No problem for quail, chicken and others but only muscovy egg that doesn't successful even 1. The second batch is in and I am looking for help around here to save my second batch.
Thank you very much.

More info please: Position of duckling in shell. Is it in hatching position with head tucked under wing? Is beak near air cell? Is it fully developed? Yolk absorbed? Lots of liquid in shell? Color of liquid? No liquid? Does baby take up all space in egg, or is there a void at the bottom? Hatching temp, humidity? Calibrated thermometer/hygrometer? Checked temp throughout bator? Fan? I've never hatched ducks except under broody ducks, so am in the dark. Have you asked on the duck threads? Do you ever have a broody hen, or hens? If so, you could start your Muskovies in the bator for 2 weeks, then move them under the hen(s).

Back
Top Bottom