Muscovy egg incubation question

The number of days incubation is the only difference. No duck eggs, especially Muscovy, needs misted. Humidity falls under that too. A chicken (or turkey) can hatch a duck.

I began hatching ducks (Pekin, Muscovy and Hinnies) four years ago. Under both types of duck, a turkey and chickens, as well as in an incubator. Nothing changed.
9E0C85E1-8452-4784-A851-9406009A5651.jpeg

We have success. Upon learning that I could incubate the muskovy eggs the same as chicken eggs I added chicken eggs aiming for the same hatch day. Chickens had a reasonable hatch right on time. 3 muskovy eggs made it to Lockdown. One hatched day 36, one day 37, one day 38. I assisted the last two, but all looks good.

Yes, you have to have the humidity higher, over 60%. 🦆
Actually, this is not true. Many Muscovy breeders, myself included, don't even have the humidity that high at hatch time:
Incubating And Hatching Muscovy Eggs

Incubating And Hatching Muscovy Eggs

Please note: I don't always get notified when there is a comment to the articles that I have posted.. so if you have a question and I don't get back to you here... just drop me a PM * ~ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ~ * This is my basic guide for the Incubation and Hatching of Muscovy Eggs All ducklings...

Back
Top Bottom