Muscovy Egg rescue ...

Three of the Ducklings hatched without difficulty, one piped on the wrong end and didn’t make it, the 5th egg never did pipe 🤷🏻‍♀️
1D064EAC-AFC3-40C8-BCAD-F0817238281E.jpeg
2 chocolate pied and one black barred …

One of the chocolate pied died in the brooder for absolutely no apparent reason … fell asleep and didn’t wake up … I’ll try to get pictures of the two later today or tomorrow ☺️

(The chicks are Jersey Giants)

Three of the Ducklings hatched without difficulty, one piped on the wrong end and didn’t make it, the 5th egg never did pipe 🤷🏻‍♀️
View attachment 3016941
2 chocolate pied and one black barred …

One of the chocolate pied died in the brooder for absolutely no apparent reason … fell asleep and didn’t wake up … I’ll try to get pictures of the two later today or tomorrow ☺️

(The chicks are Jersey Giants)
sorry for your loss 😔
They are adorable! Chicks too!
What feed are you using for them, since they share the same brooder?
Is it a poultry starter? is it non medicated?

We originally got the Muscovy ducks to run under our Quail pens to clean up whatever feed the quail spilled (quail are messy lil eaters) Our quail were of course fed a high protein game bird starter feed … the Muscovy ducklings liked it so we are feeding all our hatchlings (Duck or Chicken) that same starter 🤷🏻‍♀️

Once the Ducks join the big Mixed flock coop/Run, they will feed on Layer Pellets

We originally got the Muscovy ducks to run under our Quail pens to clean up whatever feed the quail spilled (quail are messy lil eaters) Our quail were of course fed a high protein game bird starter feed … the Muscovy ducklings liked it so we are feeding all our hatchlings (Duck or Chicken) that same starter 🤷🏻‍♀️

Once the Ducks join the big Mixed flock coop/Run, they will feed on Layer Pellets
what age are you planning to put them in the big flock?
My only worry would be protein/niacin levels, as ducklings need less protein and more niacin than chicks.
How old are the ducklings now?
When they're 2-3 weeks old they can switch to waterfowl growers feed, though I'm not sure how this would work in a mixed brooder

Back
Top Bottom