Muscovy flew away!!

My uncle had some Muscovies, he had two fly away once or go missing for a few days but they came bak, he just found them again in the yard. If you are apart of Ur local community group on FB Maybe make a post about it.

I did! They LOVE lettuce and tomato! I put that in their water, and made a trail into the coop. Gordon came in and two brothers were going to follow, but she went away so they all followed her. She is truly the queen of the yard.
Today her love for corn betrayed her! Ha! I didn't give them their corn until this evening, and they all went it for that, sassy pants included. Guess who is getting clipped tomorrow? Although, it does make me sad to do it.

Today her love for corn betrayed her! Ha! I didn't give them their corn until this evening, and they all went it for that, sassy pants included. Guess who is getting clipped tomorrow? Although, it does make me sad to do it.
I had Muscovies years ago and they would fly off pretty far into a neighbors yard so I clipped them to keep them home. I recently got two babies and as much as I hated to do it I pinioned them. I did not want to keep clipping with those large toenails and having to catch them to do it. Their pen that they will be in eventually is covered but I let them out in a small area each day to free range next to my house where I watch them that is not. I did not want to have to search for them. The pinioning went well and they are both fine. I hope yours becomes a homebody after you clip it and good luck.

Last edited:
UPDATE!! She came back!!!! This morning as I went to let the ducks out of their coop, there she was waiting for me to let her in the yard! Ha!! She flew out , but wanted me to let her walk in!! I think she was exhausted!! What a beautiful reunion it was!! Her brothers and sister surrounded her and playfully pecked at her. I wish I knew where she had been, and understood the duck talk that was going on as they were reunited. I am so happy!!!! 😊
Glad she came back!

UPDATE!! She came back!!!! This morning as I went to let the ducks out of their coop, there she was waiting for me to let her in the yard! Ha!! She flew out , but wanted me to let her walk in!! I think she was exhausted!! What a beautiful reunion it was!! Her brothers and sister surrounded her and playfully pecked at her. I wish I knew where she had been, and understood the duck talk that was going on as they were reunited. I am so happy!!!! 😊

:wee:ya:celebrate:yesss::hugs

I had Muscovies years ago and they would fly off pretty far into a neighbors yard so I clipped them to keep them home. I recently got two babies and as much as I hated to do it I pinioned them. I did not want to keep clipping with those large toenails and having to catch them to do it. Their pen that they will be in eventually is covered but I let them out in a small area each day to free range next to my house where I watch them that is not. I did not want to have to search for them. The pinioning went well and they are both fine. I hope yours becomes a homebody after you clip it and good luck.
Thank you so much!! Yes, they are all happy, and I haven't had a problem since I clipped the wings. And yes, my husband and I got cuts when we clipped them. It is amazing how sharp the nails are.

I hold the Muscovy between my legs and pull out the wing and clip. That way I don't have to hold them when clipping a wing, Since I have to pick up broodies and carry them out of the coop daily during summer I have gotten where They never touch my skin when carrying them, Pick up butt away from my person and carry quickly outside to keep from getting lambasted. ;)

Thank you so much!! Yes, they are all happy, and I haven't had a problem since I clipped the wings. And yes, my husband and I got cuts when we clipped them. It is amazing how sharp the nails are.
You are most welcome and I do remember the scratches I got years ago. I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to pinion them or not but that made my decision easier. I am glad that they are all happy and that you both survived the task of clipping.

Back
Top Bottom