Muscovy flew away!!

I hold the Muscovy between my legs and pull out the wing and clip. That way I don't have to hold them when clipping a wing, Since I have to pick up broodies and carry them out of the coop daily during summer I have gotten where They never touch my skin when carrying them, Pick up butt away from my person and carry quickly outside to keep from getting lambasted. ;)
Thanks for the GREAT tips!! Live, have ducks, and learn!! 😅

Today her love for corn betrayed her! Ha! I didn't give them their corn until this evening, and they all went it for that, sassy pants included. Guess who is getting clipped tomorrow? Although, it does make me sad to do it.
The feathers will come back once she molts and maybe by then she will have learned her lesson. I trimmed mine the first yr because I thought they needed it. The 2nd yr I didn't trim them. They haven't flown anywhere except over the fencing I have in the run to separate the chickens and ducks. This yr I had to trim one's wings because I was tired of the broodiness and they always want to lay their eggs in the chicken coop not their own. They also sometimes break the chicken eggs with their feet and so that's irritating as well. It worked to keep the one out. Now another one is attempting her 2nd round this yr of laying eggs and becoming broody. I hate to trim her wings because she keeps herself very nice - she bathes a lot and runs from the male quite a bit. 😆

Back
Top Bottom