Muscovy HELP!!!!

chookhead

Songster
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
i have three muscovy ducsk aroufn breeeding age but in a matter of 2-4 days a yellow lump has appeared on each one of their bills it hasnt impacted them at all and i have had muscovies before except i have never seen these lumps so i was wondering if this was normal ??? it is on all of them male and female any further tips with muscovies will be great

That's all three of them

Hmm I've never seen this happen to a duck before. Have you changed their food or bedding? If not then I wonder if it's from some sort of plantlife in your area. What do you feed them?

Michelle

If you can get a vet's help that would be good. There are a number of antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medicines and herbs, but a better idea of what you are dealing with will help you get right to the heart of the matter.

If a vet is not an option, are there other duck people in your area who may have dealt with this?

It could . . . maybe . . . be related to a nutrient deficiency. I don't feel strongly about that, but what are you feeding them? I would get them on some poultry vitamins for a bit.

Are there spiders or ants or similar critters around your place? Could there be something in their feed bowl?

Its not a fungal or bacterial infection or a nutrient deficiency because I have another duck same breed that doesn't have any weird lumps.also it happened all at once like one day I looked at them and it was there but now its starting to go down and fade in colour and no I am not in the tropics

i have three muscovy ducsk aroufn breeeding age but in a matter of 2-4 days a yellow lump has appeared on each one of their bills it hasnt impacted them at all and i have had muscovies before except i have never seen these lumps so i was wondering if this was normal ??? it is on all of them male and female any further tips with muscovies will be great
I had a duck with something that sounds like what you described and I figured out she had touched her bill on the guard for the heat lamp.

No I don't think its that either because I don't have a heat lamp although it has been quite hot here in Australia maybe they touched hot piece of metal that was out in the sun. I know that u would burn ur fingers if u touched it that may be it

Back
Top Bottom