Muscovy Hen Aggression

jenpenn

Hatching
Aug 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
We have had a set of Muscovy hens for over a year. They have always been best friends and are always together but recently one hen has become very aggressive to the other one. She has started pulling out the neck feathers of our more passive hen and is also staying inside the coop more often (they have free roam of our property during the day) and is scared of us when she never used to be. She doesn't have any eggs, so I'm not sure why she's staying inside. Any advice on why she's all of a sudden being aggressive? And anything I can do about it?
Thanks!!!

Strange to see your post....My friends are about the same age and the one turned aggressive also....As for hiding out? Maybe she go scared by something? Going to lay eggs? His one passive hen is laying on a nest of 12 eggs and he thinks the mean hen is wanting the nest?

Last edited:
Strange to see your post....My friends are about the same age and the one turned aggressive also....As for hiding out? Maybe she go scared by something? Going to lay eggs? His one passive hen is laying on a nest of 12 eggs and he thinks the mean hen is wanting the nest?

Maybe. My passive hen has about 4 eggs that she's laid. Maybe the aggressive hen wants her nest. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom