Muscovy injured. HELP!!!

anniemg89

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2016
Western New Hampshire
I have 3 muscovies. One of them looks to have wet feather. I believe it is from one of my other scovies beating him up. His tail feathers are all frazzled and he's bleeding from his tail and near his wings. I have caught the one that is beating him up, in the act. And have separated him from the rest of the flock. (I have 4 KC's and 3 Scovies all together). Is there a way to treat this duck so that he can heal? Any and all suggestions PLEASE!!! I feel so bad for him! He looks HORRIBLE and isn't getting better on his own.

I have 3 muscovies. One of them looks to have wet feather. I believe it is from one of my other scovies beating him up. His tail feathers are all frazzled and he's bleeding from his tail and near his wings. I have caught the one that is beating him up, in the act. And have separated him from the rest of the flock. (I have 4 KC's and 3 Scovies all together). Is there a way to treat this duck so that he can heal? Any and all suggestions PLEASE!!! I feel so bad for him! He looks HORRIBLE and isn't getting better on his own.If he has wounds
@anniemg89 you did the right thing by separating the bully eventually he would stress your other drake till the point of death most likely. So keep them separate feed this injured one with good feed and some quality cat kibble for the extra protein he needs now for feather growth but most likely he'll have to molt out all these beat up feathers before you notice improvement other that that plenty of bathing water too so he can keep himself clean it's still hot enough it won't hurt him and he will preen and oil the feathers he has now. Mine all start molting in Sept so most likely you'll begin to see it too. You will probably have to keep them separate I have had scovy's since 2004 and believe me 2 drakes do not do well together. I always had to keep mine separate. If he has wounds that are bleeding you can wash them in a saline rinse or Veterycin spray[TSC] they heal pretty good too. You could also put some good Poultry vita in his water for an extra boost. Once he molts and begins to feel better more than likely wet feather will be no more.

Back
Top Bottom