Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Precious baby Loc Congrats!! and that mama is gorgeous. [She looks very serious] like if you get any closer I'll rip out your throat serious. lol
Yes I could tell she was on guard!!!
that is sweet, so when the eggs hatch, you'll both be surprised. Tell her, "good job."
yap, waiting to see how she handles the young ones, I may have to lock her separate from the others and also I don't want her to be outside free ranging we have hawks in addition to foxes..

Ok I need the deets on humidity levels I have two geese eggs & since Muscovies are so similar to geese I want to know what humidity percentages you use i incubate baby chicks at 55% then hatch them at 60% any ideas or advice will be helpful :D

Last edited:
Yes I could tell she was on guard!!!
yap, waiting to see how she handles the young ones, I may have to lock her separate from the others and also I don't want her to be outside free ranging we have hawks in addition to foxes..
so do you have a place to keep her separated? The predator thing would wig me out if I had ducks.

so do you have a place to keep her separated? The predator thing would wig me out if I had ducks.

right now the nest she is on is in a 2X3 lockable pen attached to a covered run I plan on initially locking them in the small area at night then when I let the older ducks out in the morning the hen with the ducklings can be in the run, if this doesn't work then I may use the chicks 4X4 grow out pen in the garage if the hen les me pick her and ducklings
fl.gif

First time hatching or having a broody duck hatch them, all new experience any advice on what to do is appreciated

right now the nest she is on is in a 2X3 lockable pen attached to a covered run I plan on initially locking them in the small area at night then when I let the older ducks out in the morning the hen with the ducklings can be in the run, if this doesn't work then I may use the chicks 4X4 grow out pen in the garage if the hen les me pick her and ducklings
fl.gif

First time hatching or having a broody duck hatch them, all new experience any advice on what to do is appreciated
In my humble opinion I would keep mama and ducklings separate from the rest of the flock but in sight for at least 3 weeks especially when they have large clutches sometimes babies get left behind and that's when they are subject to other flock members injury or death can happen quick.

In my humble opinion I would keep mama and ducklings separate from the rest of the flock but in sight for at least 3 weeks especially when they have large clutches sometimes babies get left behind and that's when they are subject to other flock members injury or death can happen quick.

Thank you, I may have to divide the run with chicken wire to give them more space.

Thank you, I may have to divide the run with chicken wire to give them more space.
I tell ya the best fencing i have used for temp fencing is the plastic poultry fence at Lowes it is so easy to handle much easier than the wire. When through just take down and roll up till next time, I use the fiber glass fence posts too they have the point on the end so easy to push into the ground and tie wraps for attaching. the posts are about 2.64 a piece.

Last edited:
I tell ya the best fencing i have used for temp fencing is the plastic poultry fence at Lowes it is so easy to handle much easier than the wire. When through just take down and roll up till next time, I use the fiber glass fence posts too they have the point on the end so easy to push into the ground and tie wraps for attaching. the posts are about 2.64 a piece.

Great, I just looked it up online and I have Lowes about 10miles from here.
big_smile.png
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom