Muscovy keepers share your pics!

These are some others that may show her legs clearer. I'm just going to have to check it out tonight when I get home! Oh, her legs are fine, hun. I put a little vet wrap on them close to the bottom of her feet because she was slipping on the wood floors! Soooo different than Daisy, this one is all slippy on the floors like she just can't get how to walk & tends to be nippy & is such a little food pig! :lol: It really makes you think about their different personalities.
Looks male, but who knows

That's what I was worried about.
hmm.png

So cute!!! Mine came in today. I only had time to take a few pics but here's my little babies. They definitely drink more than chicks! I had to switch out the quart waterer for the gallon already!

This one was the 'extra' that they gave me. The ones I bought are blue pied and black pied. This one is brown. Is this chocolate pied? Country Hatchery sells chocolate scovies.

Looks chocolate to me. Post some more pics as it grows.

Don't worry males are just as ,if not more, affectionate as females
smile.png
Really? I guess I was worried that they get all hormonal & mean at puberty. Dandy is already more nippy when food is involved than Daisy ever was so I guess I figured if 'she' is a male 'she' would full on bite eventually & not be my buddy that I can take everywhere anymore.

I I remember correctly drakes tend to be "rapey" with the hens so there needs to be a few but others here can tell you how many for sure.

my drake is shy and often gets chased by ducks. but I have got him about a month ago and ducks have been here since february. as one is broody I am just thinking what to do if she hatches a lot of males. rehoming males is not an option here (unless to the gypsies who would eat them, lol).

Back
Top Bottom