Muscovy keepers share your pics!

He just too,some water off my finger a couple times! Yay. I'm more hopeful now. I'm gonna just keep him warm and try to hydrate. Hopefully he will feel like eating.

Thank you Lydia so much.
Hows the duckling this morning? If you can and have a TSC close get some Poultry Nutri Drench it can be given straight and goes straight into the blood stream which helps in time of crisis. Same method as water but using the dropper. Or pharmacies have infant vitamins. Poly vi sol or store equivalent but make sure it doesn't have iron in it. Infant drops are 1drop 2X a day I really like using vits formulated for poultry though, Maybe @Lacrystol will be on today.

Also if you haven't already give it a stuffed animal to cuddle with and a non breakable mirror so it can see itself both really do help.

Last edited:

I have it on a heating pad right now in front of a fire place but he sing eating or drinking. He is still peeping for momma in between naps. He acts kinda drowsy.

This morning all of the dead ones were all piled up together. Some on top of the other. I just thought her being as broody as she was would keep them warm.... I feel horrible.
GOOD lord, this is horrible. Where was momma when you found the kids? is this her first time?? so sorry for you loss

Yesterday morning, my daughter found 9 piled up dead. Momma was off of them and to the side but not covering the remaining three.

I returned home a couple hours to find another dead and two left beside of it. Mom was not on them. I took them into the house and warmed them. One never acted right, kinda lethargic just wanted to snuggle. I picked her up and she died in my hand. The other started acting sleepy after having been very lively. We set him on a heating pad, covered him up and in about 30 minutes he began peeping again. Then I offered him water on my finger and he drunk. Then I mashed crumbles in water and he sipped those. I had rescued the three about 2pm. They didn't drink or eat for a couple hours. Then finally around 6 he took some. He became lively again and jumping around by 8. We put him in a box with a light and in my small bathroom to keep him warm. I checked on him thru the night. Once I made him drink to see. He did. Then the second time I checked he had water on his beak and peeped loudly when he heard me.

Today we have snuggled him and then put him in the box to stay warm. We prayed. His gonna be our baby.

My ducks free range. We live round a creek. I have let the mom as sit on eggs then when she brings the babies out, I pen them up. When they get about 3 months, I let them out. I knew it was late to have babies. I just thought she being so broody could keep them warm. She wasn't even keeping them in the house but outside and it cold. Big lessons learned.

Thanks to all.

Yesterday morning, my daughter found 9 piled up dead. Momma was off of them and to the side but not covering the remaining three.

I returned home a couple hours to find another dead and two left beside of it. Mom was not on them. I took them into the house and warmed them. One never acted right, kinda lethargic just wanted to snuggle. I picked her up and she died in my hand. The other started acting sleepy after having been very lively. We set him on a heating pad, covered him up and in about 30 minutes he began peeping again. Then I offered him water on my finger and he drunk. Then I mashed crumbles in water and he sipped those. I had rescued the three about 2pm. They didn't drink or eat for a couple hours. Then finally around 6 he took some. He became lively again and jumping around by 8. We put him in a box with a light and in my small bathroom to keep him warm. I checked on him thru the night. Once I made him drink to see. He did. Then the second time I checked he had water on his beak and peeped loudly when he heard me.

Today we have snuggled him and then put him in the box to stay warm. We prayed. His gonna be our baby.

My ducks free range. We live round a creek. I have let the mom as sit on eggs then when she brings the babies out, I pen them up. When they get about 3 months, I let them out. I knew it was late to have babies. I just thought she being so broody could keep them warm. She wasn't even keeping them in the house but outside and it cold. Big lessons learned.

Thanks to all.
so she's not a first time mommy??? If not, that's strange they usually get it the second time around. Sounds like she's unpredictable.

Sounds like the little one is going to be OK.

He seems a little sleepy today. He is eating and drinking a little and pooping. So that's a good thing. He may be a little sad. I feel so sorry for him. I'm gonna out a stuffed animal in.

Back
Top Bottom