Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Chicken Jane found a comfy corner in the duck house next to two nesting Muscovies.
How cute
love.gif

I don't actually have the chickens and ducks routinely living together. This chicken is recovering from wry neck and her chicken sisters have been too rough on her. I have been putting Chicken Jane in the ducks' pen during the day and bringing her inside at night. Last night, I couldn't find her anywhere. I thought she'd been preyed upon and started to despair. But there she was, cozying up to the ducks.

Last edited:
I don't actually have the chickens and ducks routinely living together. This chicken is recovering from wry neck and her chicken sisters have been too rough on her. I have been putting Chicken Jane in the ducks' pen during the day and bringing her inside at night. Last night, I couldn't find her anywhere. I thought she'd been preyed upon and started to despair. But there she was, cozying up to the ducks.
And it's amazing those Muscovy ladies [and I use that word ladies loosely]lol would let her anywhere around them, when my scovys are brooding they want no company at all.

hey does anyone know if it;s safe for scovies to eat snowball bush leaves?

There are a few? Couple? different plants called snowball bush, so....? I'm not super familiar with any of them, just been confused when two people call two very different plants by the same name...if the plant comes from a bulb, it is probably toxic to ducks. I don't know why that is. I'd like to say they know what they can and cannot eat, but my chickens avoided the morning glories and honeysuckle, then would try to eat the zip tie off the shade tarp. I found this, which you may have found already, but there are links to better lists at the bottom.

Chicken Jane found a comfy corner in the duck house next to two nesting Muscovies.

So what kind of chicken is Chicken Jane? I have a RIR that insists on "helping" Waffles set on eggs. Sometimes, her urges to be helpful are so that she sits on Waffles. We have plenty of nest boxes, but everyone wants to lay their eggs in Waffles's nest, or she herds them in. If I EVER let anyone set on eggs again, I will put them in the very own little coop.

Just got a letter from Country Hatchery. They cancelled my order for 5 blue and 5 brown Muscovy for some reason. I've had the order in for may since like Christmas. So bummed.

Im not having very good luck lately. Usps lost entire box of chicks last week. Still don't know what happened to it. Anyone know of where else I can find Muscovy babies?

Im not having very good luck lately. Usps lost entire box of chicks last week. Still don't know what happened to it. Anyone know of where else I can find Muscovy babies?

Omg, I'm so sorry about your chicks...I got my muscovies off of someone on Craigslist. I've looked around at various hatcheries for more, and I've found a lot are sold out for the year or just don't have them ever. I hope you find some though. Maybe someone here has some eggs they'd share?

Back
Top Bottom