Muscovy keepers share your pics!

That's alot of ducklings, any plans for them? Do you think they are through hatching now? moms getting up yet? how are the 2 ducks doing together? working out? 
Congrats also!!

I will be selling them. I just cant say no to them about having babies. Its like forcing a human who wants a baby tto not have one. So far that I know the other ducklings in the eggs are alive. Should have more pips tonight or tomorrow. The mom's will get up every once in a while one by one. They are doing amazing, no fighting whats so ever!! The ducklings are very adventurous which concerns me a litle bit. Ive noticed if one gets lost the moms wont like go help locate and will wait for the baby/s to get their way back. However if I have ahold of one they will show interest in the calling duckling. I had to gather 4 babies from getting lost behind the brooding box. Im so glad I did as when I was moving the box a 5-6 inch rat without the tail came running out going bolistic.

Shells back my female that I thought was dead , she's back!!! I dot know where she went but I'm getting her in the cage today with my other girls, I'm not taking any chances

If she was in a nest then that's to bad, I'd rather have her safe than have more babies

Last edited:
Shells back my female that I thought was dead , she's back!!! I dot know where she went but I'm getting her in the cage today with my other girls, I'm not taking any chances

If she was in a nest then that's to bad, I'd rather have her safe than have more babies
once you get some good strong fencing up she can go back out & find another nest site

I will be selling them. I just cant say no to them about having babies. Its like forcing a human who wants a baby tto not have one. So far that I know the other ducklings in the eggs are alive. Should have more pips tonight or tomorrow. The mom's will get up every once in a while one by one. They are doing amazing, no fighting whats so ever!! The ducklings are very adventurous which concerns me a litle bit. Ive noticed if one gets lost the moms wont like go help locate and will wait for the baby/s to get their way back. However if I have ahold of one they will show interest in the calling duckling. I had to gather 4 babies from getting lost behind the brooding box. Im so glad I did as when I was moving the box a 5-6 inch rat without the tail came running out going bolistic.
Once my ducklings hatch i take the box or crate away, i had one get behind the crate and couldn't find it's way back to mama and she stayed with the other ones and didn't go look for the one lil one. so i just took away the crate and let them have the saving inside the coop.

Great news Buck, very happy for you!!

Back
Top Bottom