Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Male: front his name is Henry
Female: back her name it scout

Hey all, great pics and thanks for the interesting info on colors. I didn't know there was a color called self-blue before. Still not sure what you would call my new pair's color, assuming they stay this color. They are only 10 weeks old and have been getting more color daily since they were almost solid fuzzy yellow at hatch.

Hey all, great pics and thanks for the interesting info on colors. I didn't know there was a color called self-blue before. Still not sure what you would call my new pair's color, assuming they stay this color. They are only 10 weeks old and have been getting more color daily since they were almost solid fuzzy yellow at hatch.
I have been trying to learn about colors, but it is tough. I started to give you my guess....but nothing i typed made sense. Maybe i will just say, we could guess sliver(which is a dilute black) but carrying chocolate, since i see some brown on the tail. Also, usually the barring molts out, but if it doesn't, then you have a cool pattern too, like 'ripple'.

Male: front his name is Henry
Female: back her name it scout
They are beautiful and look so clean, you ought to see my white ones
roll.png

J they are lovely and make me think lavender but what do I know? Colors are very hard for me. They are still in their 'I think I might change to this color next week" Phase

They are beautiful and look so clean, you ought to see my white ones
roll.png
J they are lovely and make me think lavender but what do I know? Colors are very hard for me. They are still in their 'I think I might change to this color next week" Phase
Isn't lavender a different name for silver? Help me out here.......i am still so confused with the colors.

Thanks, Patti! I love how they change so dramatically from hatch to adulthood. It's one of the many reasons I like scovy ducks the best of all duck breeds. I do hope they don't change too much more though as I find the light color very pretty.

I thought I read self-blue is another word for lavender? Is there such a thing as blue splash or is that what pied means?

Thanks, Patti! I love how they change so dramatically from hatch to adulthood. It's one of the many reasons I like scovy ducks the best of all duck breeds. I do hope they don't change too much more though as I find the light color very pretty.

I thought I read self-blue is another word for lavender? Is there such a thing as blue splash or is that what pied means?
http://www.muscovyduckcentral.com/genetics.html maybe this will help.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom