Muscovy keepers share your pics!

So I have a few muscovies, and somehow my little girl dotty's spot on top of her head was brown, but is getting blackish feathers in it! I'm so confused. She's about a year old now and I'm not sure why it's happening now?

They do that, change, i have seen it here.. i watched my black and white drake turn chocolate one season lol Muscovy hold a lot of hidden colours IMO.. and they pop out in times of season change, molt and with their offspring.

Oh it's just from molting, in summer my two of my girls turn a light chcocolate color and in winter they turn a blueish chocolate color here I'll opt a pic of one of them, but the reason being is because just going through a seasonal molt, it'll turn back next year

Ok so this is one of them in summer

And now:

Yep, i find all chocolates er.. fade in summer then way darken in fall.. mine are even darker than yours... it's amazing the switch over.

aw, understandable. I get a lot of blue, chocolate and black and white drakes(only drakes, never females)
I have a black-and-white drake, and only ever had black barred or white drakes from him, but plenty of black-and-white females. Here´s one:
That pied baby turned out to be female, and there´s another pied baby now, that looks to be female....

I've had two this year but both were from chocolate ducks?? maybe that has influence??
Well that would make sense!
tongue.png

I have a black-and-white drake, and only ever had black barred or white drakes from him, but plenty of black-and-white females. Here´s one:
That pied baby turned out to be female, and there´s another pied baby now, that looks to be female....

tongue.png

what a sweet shot! yeah, no black and white females here.

Besides my main black n white drake i have... 6 more black and white drakes
lol.png
one blue drake, and one chocolate!!(that i am thrilled with) then i have white drakes too, 3 now.. since two hatched this year lol SPring will need some clean up again... oye.

Last edited:

tongue.png
I love that pic daddy takes his role seriously.

Here's one of my favourites here in the UK for our National Show on the 15/16 November, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the American lines when I visit Ohio the weekend before.

Back
Top Bottom