Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hi there I Am in need of some help...
I'm new to hatching ducklings...
I have a hen who is hatching 5 scovey eggs and so far so good but it's 3 days over due for only 2 eggs
(They are at a different stages 2 are ready and are 3 are a week behind)

So I have 2 eggs that were ready the Saturday just gone but haven't cracked or chipped.
They are moving and 1 was Chirping In its shell this morning.
How long does it take for them to hatch after they have gotten into the air sack?

I'm worried that they will be too tired and take too long to get out and die in there :(

All advice welcome :) thankx

Please don't do anything. Learn from my mistake. I was helping my Muscovy babies because they went over their time and I killed one about every 2 days. Until I was left with 3 eggs. I thought I'm helping them because they are suffocating but in the end I killed all of them. I started with 15 eggs. The one hatched this morning on day 48 (Yes day 48, two weeks overdue). perfect little baby, nothing wrong with her. You can read my hole story with picks and videos https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1005861/muscovy-duck-egg-membrane-day-42

Hey guys over the past weeks since my birthday (which was around the time charlie got attacked) i have been training charlie to jump and run again and she is doing so well, unfortnately we lost baby miracle to axel but i know she is looking down on us. Milo is so protective of charlie, he is always with her.

I just took this photos of my laptop of charlie.
Look at her :) im so proud of her

My ripple splits for next year. Black drake and chocolate duck. Also my ripple baby that doesn't seem to grow. Same age as the other two.

My ripple splits for next year. Black drake and chocolate duck. Also my ripple baby that doesn't seem to grow. Same age as the other two.
Wow! Good looking ducks!

Yesterday I brought only Willow and Wobbles out to the garden with me because I know I can work and not have to keep a super close eye on them. They stay within inches of me. As you can see Willow prefers to be touching me or right on top of me. Silly baby.

Back
Top Bottom