Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Guys...i just want some clarification...does muscovy duckling that have pecking each other feathers behavior will stop when they fully grown their adult feathers? I have 5 muscovy duckling..4 of them is female..and one is male..all female have that kind behavior..i have to separate all of them..because they like to picking up on each other and also picking up on the male..the male did not have that behavior.

Guys...i just want some clarification...does muscovy duckling that have pecking each other feathers behavior will stop when they fully grown their adult feathers? I have 5 muscovy duckling..4 of them is female..and one is male..all female have that kind behavior..i have to separate all of them..because they like to picking up on each other and also picking up on the male..the male did not have that behavior.
Sounds like they may need more room, my females well go after each other it's just part of the pecking order but I find if they have alot of room they aren't as apt to do it. They need to have their minds on foraging and not on each other.

Sounds like they may need more room, my females well go after each other it's just part of the pecking order but I find if they have alot of room they aren't as apt to do it. They need to have their minds on foraging and not on each other.

I already put two of the female in larger pen along with khaki campbell and a pair of chinese goose..seems the behavior kinda reduce..the pecking still exist..but not much as before..because the goose will try to stop the pecking by chasing the other one away...and i also let them outside for eating grass along with the khaki and white goose..

I already put two of the female in larger pen along with khaki campbell and a pair of chinese goose..seems the behavior kinda reduce..the pecking still exist..but not much as before..because the goose will try to stop the pecking by chasing the other one away...and i also let them outside for eating grass along with the khaki and white goose..
Yep those geese will try their best to keep order where ever they are. Sometimes too lack of protein can cause feather pulling and even eating, Muscovy's love bugs.
I have adult Muscovy's and since first of Jan my females have been chasing each other around being hateful I think it's the start to mating season for me because most of the year they live in harmony. But even with the chasing and acting all hateful they don't go as far as pulling feathers out. You might want to try rotating your ducks through the larger pen with the geese and see if that makes a difference, but also make sure the geese don't carry it too far and begin pulling feathers out or worse. I could never pen my geese with my Muscovy's or chickens they cannot be trusted.

Yep those geese will try their best to keep order where ever they are.  Sometimes too lack of protein can cause feather pulling and even eating, Muscovy's love bugs.
I have adult Muscovy's and since first of Jan my females have been chasing each other around being hateful  I think it's the start to mating season for me because most of the year they live in harmony. But even with the chasing and acting all hateful they don't go as far as pulling feathers out. You might want to try rotating your ducks through the larger pen with the geese and see if that makes a difference, but also make sure the geese don't carry it too far and begin pulling feathers out or worse. I could never pen my geese with my Muscovy's or chickens they cannot be trusted.

I always keep an eye..so far the goose did not harm the muscovy duck..i also let them outside twice a day..so they can find food for their own..like eating grass or catching bug..seems work..pray for me so that the behavior of pecking feathers will stop..i wanna them to grow up to be a beautiful white muscovy

I always keep an eye..so far the goose did not harm the muscovy duck..i also let them outside twice a day..so they can find food for their own..like eating grass or catching bug..seems work..pray for me so that the behavior of pecking feathers will stop..i wanna them to grow up to be a beautiful white muscovy
Hopefully they will out grow it. I beleive @Buck Oakes had some of his Scovy ducklings doing the same thing.

Do these look like blue fawns or blues to you?? They male looks like a blue but ths female doesn't.

Can you get some clearer pictures in natural light? Hard to tell from your pictures the color.

Back
Top Bottom