Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Some times u just have to face the hard reality that everything will be food for something one day. Wether it be for plants or predators/humans. Its better to let someone butcher it and use it before a predator does.

Last edited:
Some times u just have to face the hard reality that everything will be food for something one day. Wether it be for plants or predators/humans.

I totally understand that and if it comes down to it, I would rather thank him for his life and his sacrifice and butcher him myself in the most humane way possible instead of somebody else doing it and him possibly suffering.

I got muscovy ducks for their mothering abilities, I used to think they were weird looking but Quasi is such a character I just had to get him more ladies Lol and I am a sucker for blue critters of any kind. I have a Blue Ancona and a blue Swedish duck as well .the blue Swedish has the whole super poof going on, her name is Ophelia. My blue muscovy is Violet. I also have a blue cochin (Nimue) and a blue Easter egger (Freya). And a blue Dumbo rat (Bragi). Lol

@JessLonn
    She will not lay till next spring, But if I was you in the mean time I'd look for some more females having 2 drakes and 1 female isn't so good not only will they fight but they will over mate your female. best to have at least 3-4 females to every drake. Your Scovy's are pretty.
Thank you, they have been raised all together but yes I plan to down size. One of those lucky males are going to be eaten. They have good meat.

I got muscovy ducks for their mothering abilities, I used to think they were weird looking but Quasi is such a character I just had to get him more ladies Lol and I am a sucker for blue critters of any kind. I have a Blue Ancona and a blue Swedish duck as well .the blue Swedish has the whole super poof going on, her name is Ophelia. My blue muscovy is Violet. I also have a blue cochin (Nimue) and a blue Easter egger (Freya). And a blue Dumbo rat (Bragi). Lol

Love the names!

That's awesome! I also have a crested Blue Swedish but mines a Drake we call ours Mr. Poofy Head AKA "Soup" because his bonded mate is a white Pekin duck named Quackers, LOL!

I just love my moscovy duck, they have such personality.

The male will come up to me, with an afro, making puffing sound and moving his head up and down. I want more but I would like to have more white female. The farm I got these, I've noticed most female's are black and white.

Back
Top Bottom