Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Dark baby passed away
hugs.gif

Thanks. We thought we were going to allow the mommas to raise their own young, but I didn't consider the implications of that. So when the spousal unit got home last night she found 18+ ducklings in the pool. Unfortunately, they had no way of getting out!!! Got all but one out in time. Poor thing. And no idea what the momma ducks were thinking (duh, rational thought is not there!!) So, we went against our "oath" and brought all the little ones inside to join the 7 we've collected in the past week or so between natural hatching and incubator hatching. My weekend plans are now cemented - poultry swaps at every TSC I can get to!!!

Thanks. We thought we were going to allow the mommas to raise their own young, but I didn't consider the implications of that. So when the spousal unit got home last night she found 18+ ducklings in the pool. Unfortunately, they had no way of getting out!!! Got all but one out in time. Poor thing. And no idea what the momma ducks were thinking (duh, rational thought is not there!!) So, we went against our "oath" and brought all the little ones inside to join the 7 we've collected in the past week or so between natural hatching and incubator hatching. My weekend plans are now cemented - poultry swaps at every TSC I can get to!!!
O no, sorry for the loss. Good luck this weekend!

Muscovy is my favorite duck. I am new to the farm life I just got coop built I have 14 chickens. 1 is a silkies white 5 r mixed Cochin's and Iother 8 r layers. I just got 2 baby Muscovy's haven't named yet I have 2 khaki cables name peek and boo

Back
Top Bottom