Muscovy keepers share your pics!

thanks. they wasted no time making a mess in the pen lol
Just being normal duckies.
wink.png

wow, those are something else! they almost appear painted it's so perfect. How on earth do you get them that clean? i guess for shows they are primped and fluffed lol
I'm glad you like them. The Self Black and Blue Muscovys in the UK have a lot more working on the carancles, more similar to the US although not quite so extreme. For some reason the other varieties have smoother carancles.

The female at the bottom of the page took Reserve Champion at a show in Wales at the weekend, the total entry of birds being nearly 1000!

Last edited:
I'm glad you like them. The Self Black and Blue Muscovys in the UK have a lot more working on the carancles, more similar to the US although not quite so extreme. For some reason the other varieties have smoother carancles.

The female at the bottom of the page took Reserve Champion at a show in Wales at the weekend, the total entry of birds being nearly 1000!

Well they are lovely examples!

Hey everyone,been a whilesince Iposted in here but I recently was given a pair of Muscovies that are in need of a good pet home. I wanted to check here and see if there was anyone local to me or willing to drive for them. Free to a good home but the previous owner would Love to get a couple pictures after while. She had to give up her ducks due to divorce so it was pretty hard for her.

The drake is a lovely guy,very sweet and knows his name(Jiminy or JimJim). The hen(Bonnie aka Blossom) is also very mellow but prefers not to be petted(like Jim). She is alo currently laying. Bonnie came from a questionable home before my friend adopted her.You can see some of the damage done to her feet. I think bothprobably camefrom "production" lines, they're large birds with short, thick necks.

They are looking raspy right now but I just got 2 different flocks brought to me so things are mucky in the coop.

Hey all I posted a couple weeks ago when I got my 1st 3 Muscovy babies. Here they are today! 1 was born on 9/21(standing lady in 3rd pic) & the other 2 were on 9/22 They still follow me around when I'm in the yard area & today just started to venture outside the yard to investigate. :)

Back
Top Bottom