Muscovy keepers share your pics!

sigh. I bought 2 new ones the saturday and am still trying to get pics of them. Too skitish to get near.
hmm.png
Tried thawed peas, once they taste them theres no turning back though. also Meal worms work good to get to know your ducks.

Hey everyone,been a whilesince Iposted in here but I recently was given a pair of Muscovies that are in need of a good pet home. I wanted to check here and see if there was anyone local to me or willing to drive for them. Free to a good home but the previous owner would Love to get a couple pictures after while. She had to give up her ducks due to divorce so it was pretty hard for her.

The drake is a lovely guy,very sweet and knows his name(Jiminy or JimJim). The hen(Bonnie aka Blossom) is also very mellow but prefers not to be petted(like Jim). She is alo currently laying. Bonnie came from a questionable home before my friend adopted her.You can see some of the damage done to her feet. I think bothprobably camefrom "production" lines, they're large birds with short, thick necks.

They are looking raspy right now but I just got 2 different flocks brought to me so things are mucky in the coop.

I hope you can find them a great home Bleenie
fl.gif

Hey all I posted a couple weeks ago when I got my 1st 3 Muscovy babies. Here they are today! 1 was born on 9/21(standing lady in 3rd pic) & the other 2 were on 9/22 They still follow me around when I'm in the yard area & today just started to venture outside the yard to investigate. :)

They are adorable.

Hey everyone,been a whilesince Iposted in here but I recently was given a pair of Muscovies that are in need of a good pet home. I wanted to check here and see if there was anyone local to me or willing to drive for them. Free to a good home but the previous owner would Love to get a couple pictures after while. She had to give up her ducks due to divorce so it was pretty hard for her.

The drake is a lovely guy,very sweet and knows his name(Jiminy or JimJim). The hen(Bonnie aka Blossom) is also very mellow but prefers not to be petted(like Jim). She is alo currently laying. Bonnie came from a questionable home before my friend adopted her.You can see some of the damage done to her feet. I think bothprobably camefrom "production" lines, they're large birds with short, thick necks.

They are looking raspy right now but I just got 2 different flocks brought to me so things are mucky in the coop.

Awe, i hope you can find a good home for them!
Hey all I posted a couple weeks ago when I got my 1st 3 Muscovy babies. Here they are today! 1 was born on 9/21(standing lady in 3rd pic) & the other 2 were on 9/22 They still follow me around when I'm in the yard area & today just started to venture outside the yard to investigate. :)

Oh lovely! Looking like you have a drake in there already, especially with the sizing difference in the last pic...
big_smile.png

yes I am 1/2 way fearful of having a drake because of how big they get! I have a feeling my mostly white one is the boy. But hey still a chance, the other 2 are only slightly smaller, & when vent sexing over the 1st few days, I did multi times & am not afraid of it -I know some people are afraid it might hurt their duckies. No cork screws, we'll see. If it is a boy I will just have to keep him because he has blue eyes & is over all gorgeous -He will be named Houdini if he's a he & not a she :)

Oh how I love all my winged babies!

yes I am 1/2 way fearful of having a drake because of how big they get! I have a feeling my mostly white one is the boy. But hey still a chance, the other 2 are only slightly smaller, & when vent sexing over the 1st few days, I did multi times & am not afraid of it -I know some people are afraid it might hurt their duckies. No cork screws, we'll see. If it is a boy I will just have to keep him because he has blue eyes & is over all gorgeous -He will be named Houdini if he's a he & not a she :)

Oh how I love all my winged babies!

No need to be... just keep proper command, drakes need to know their place without that they are a problem. I have 17(all Muscovy) and only 8 are girls so i deal more with drakes than anything, i have NO problems, they know i am top duck and don't dare challenge me, actually my oldest guy is a sweetheart you can pet him lol now i don't since I am the main caregiver i keep a more guarded stance but... this is a cute shot of my son with him...

More worried about my girls I have 3 Cayugas & then ovb the scovies

Reason for adding more ladies was to even out the 'playing field' since I have 2 Cayuga drakes. He's a little sweetheart now & plan on keeping them all that way.

I have had no issues w/ any of my drakes or roos - only issues are towards my ducks - the boys are beasts! (My biggest drake is actually named Beast!) I have to make a saddle for one of my girls :/

That's a great picture! My 3 ducklings father waddles away from everyone & mom is basically broody ALL THE TIME! so she just hisses at everyone - Glad I got 3 little waggers

Last edited:
Thing 4 (potentially being re-named Chocolate)

Thing 1

Thing 3 and 4 (kidlet is trying to rename them Vanilla and Chocolate)

Well, we managed to finally get some photos of the 2 new ducks, though our origional female descided to go off with the Pekins . . . she looks very similar to Thing 1 with the black in the crest.
Does anyone know what colour Thing 4/Chocolate is? She is a "washed out" brown (even the new feathers comming in) with a green sheen on them.

They're still terrified of me, the pea trick didn't work so I threw them some bread. They seemed to like that (which makes me wonder what the other farm was feeding them) while my other ducks and geese turned their noses up at the stuff. I'm going to have to try to getthem to eat healthier.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom