Muscovy Needs a new home

Kymaro

In the Brooder
May 7, 2017
Michigan
Hi everyone - Hope anyone close by can help.

I have a male Muscovy. He is 16 weeks old. When we bought him he was suppose to be a girl. It is defiantly not a girl. I have 3 other ducks - 1 female Muscovy and 2 female Pekin's.... HE needs to go fast.

Attachments

• 2017-07-27 20.58.33.jpg
    2017-07-27 20.58.33.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 12
Any suggestion on how to get rid of him - I have no way of separating him from the girls? (1 Muscovy and 2 Pekins) I don't want to release him the only source of natural source of water is my neighbors pond. I think I might get busted if he shows up there lol

OK, I really think I got a whole lot of bad information! (Not from here). Just touched base where I bought the ducks and they are now telling me they did not sale "Muscovy" but only Pekin and Khaki Campbell. Pictures of the duck are at the start of the post - I have observed these traits: The female can fly (trimmed wings), she chirps (never quakes) on the smaller size of everyone else. The male can not fly, larger than everyone else (body and feet) and he "hisses" instead of Quakes. Both are solid white with black spot on their head. Ill had lots more pictures when I get on my own computer.

muscovy have the large red carbuncles in addition to the hissing only. the males are also too heavy to fly frequently. that boy does not look like the breeds they claim they sell.

Yes the picture, I believe, shows the red carbuncles. If it shows in the picture? His is twice as large than the one I believe is the female. He is only 16 weeks old so I can only assume it will grow as he does. Both the male and female have light blue/green eyes, depending on how the light hits then

Back
Top Bottom