Muscovy with angel wing

Nepenthes

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2020
NC, USA
Hi,
I just got 3 muscovy ducks. The male actually has a little bit of angel wing, I think. He is said to be about 5-6 months old. Is it too late to fix this?

This is the pic of him when I got him. Sorry for their sad state. They were very muddy and it’s been raining for 2 days here.

Is it too late to fix his angel wing? Is there any tip to help him if too late? What warping method is best.

The other hens have wet feathers so I’ll work to fix those too. I think this from the lack of water for them at the place where I got them. They have access to clean water and a pond now :)

Attachments

• D907203C-C04F-44EA-B11B-35036434325F.jpeg
    D907203C-C04F-44EA-B11B-35036434325F.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 31
What you show in the picture does not look like AW to me - in waterfowl, AW is described as a rotation of the carpal joints which left to develop results in the wing sticking directly outwards from the body. I suspect the feathers there have been damaged in some way, and are possibly loose, which is causing them to stick outwards.

If you hold the bird can you manipulate the feathers along to where they should be?

What you show in the picture does not look like AW to me - in waterfowl, AW is described as a rotation of the carpal joints which left to develop results in the wing sticking directly outwards from the body. I suspect the feathers there have been damaged in some way, and are possibly loose, which is causing them to stick outwards.

If you hold the bird can you manipulate the feathers along to where they should be?
Ahh hope you are right! I’ll have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom