Mushroom Hunters?

I'm a mushroom hunter but I've never found a morel yet. Last fall I found a hen-of-the-woods that almost filled up a bushel basket. We dried some and froze some. Mostly I find chantrelles, sweet tooth, boletes and aborted entoloma (yummy!) and lobster mushroom.

Quote:
Neat!

The first two pictures are the same mushroom, and I don't think It's at all related to the one in the third picture. I don't remember if the fourth one had gills, pores, or what.

If you click the photos (all but #1) you'll get a larger view of them. The larger photos are much more detailed - and really pretty! I love the one that looks like coral. Nice photography!

Quote:
There are probably too many varieties to name in your area, I'll wager Minnesota easily has more than 1,000 recorded species of fungi -- and the real number occurring in your state would be much higher.

Membership in the Minnesota Mycological Society is $15.00 per year for individuals, not bad compared to some clubs. You can check out MMS online at -- http://www.minnesotamushrooms.org/ -- you can even download back issues of their newsletter directly from the website without joining.

You may be able to find a local shroomer that would help teach you about what species occur in your area. It's pretty safe to say you could find Oysters, Chanterelles, Chicken of the Woods, Hen of the Woods, and probably several others... Morels of course.

Here is what i had for dinner.... chicken of the woods...

Last edited:
there are tons of oyster mushrooms in an area right near my house completely out of reach
sad.png

I will try to get a picture I have harvested from around here in the spring for years and they are wonderful ..usually I can find them where I can reach them this time they are up there in a tangle I can not get to

bummer!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom