***Mutt Strut Results*** Finally!! - Ends April 19th

A blue chick from BLRW roo x Austraulorp or Black Star hen...
13835_blueroo1.jpg

So far unnamed as we will most likely have to rename the crower
sad.png

Amber looks like my Bertha !!! Bertha has so much more red on her than most BSL I have seen so I am happy to see a picture of another BSL that has lots of red on her, tho Bertha still has her beat, I am not sure Bertha has a single solid black feather on her body . . .

btw everyone's chickens are BEAUTIFUL !!!!! Good Luck to everyone !!!!!

Quote:
You should post her picture! We bought 7 black sexlink babies from the feed store at 1 month old. They were "ugly ducklings" and not cute enough to compete with the other new baby chicks that were for sale. They were so cramped and crowded in their tiny brooder we felt sorry for them and bought the whole lot, thinking we would raise them up and sell them. We fell in love with the breed and ended up keeping three of them. We wanted our keepers to all have a different look about them. We chose one almost solid black, one black with some brown, and I had a hard time choosing between Amber and another that had a lot more red than she did (all over its body). I've always wondered what that chick ended up looking like (so different than the others) and I'd love to see yours.

I think I posted some pictures of Bertha and Diva on here . . . . . I will have to check. When I got them as babies Diva was a little gold yellow chick, Bertha was solid black with red around her eyes, and Jet was solid black with white wing tips. I knew they would change as they grew but I am still amazed every day !! Diva is a dark red with white splotches on her wing tips and tail, Bertha is red and black, and Jet is mostly black with the red chest and she is starting to get red eyebrows that gives her angry eyes
smile.png

edit** the girls are on page 7, actually entered pictures of all 3, no baby baby pictures tho. They are about 2 months old now, they grow so fast !!!

Last edited:
clap.gif

great looking chickens how fun to see the different crosses,everyone at some point in life has owned a mutt and sometimes they make the best pets and reward with lots of eggs
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom