My 18 month old blows my mind!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Aug 29, 2008.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    My 18 month old is my daughter by the way, not a chicken!

I took her out in the pool this morning and let out my 3 well behaved silkies. (The 2 newbies are not ready for free ranging yet.) My DD was very sweet to them just petting them when they came by, and then went on playing. Then all of a sudden she drags a cup out, fills it with water and brings it to the chickens. THEN goes back to there coop and scoops up some food and brings it over to the chickens putting it on the ground. As they are pecking everything she brought them she sits down and just pets them!!!!

I'm kind of in shock! She's learning quickly for sure, but this is the child that runs around the house waving her hands in the air at out cat saying "No Kitty, Go Kitty, Stop Kitty!!!" (Of course it usually because the cat is on one of her toys)

Someone so young and small is so thoughtful and mindful of animals... its just crazy!

2. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] That is so sweet! You should be proud that such a little on is learning such good things like compassion and responsibility! Pets/ animals teach us so much.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It is amazing how much they learn just by watching. She has been watching you and has picked it up! What a smarty! [​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Kids are adorable. My neighbor's little grandson comes and visits the chickens. He likes to throw them treats. One little hen always seems to get the most attention from him. One day I asked which one was his favorite. I was sure it would be that hen. He surprised me and said the rooster, Peter. Peter never comes near him. He said it was because Peter was brave and stands back to watch for wolves and dogs. And when one of those come in the yard, he will fight them to save us all.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    lucky you .. my 19 month old chases them around and tries to use them as soccer balls. [​IMG]

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    That is so cute, and she has learned compassion from watching you. Great job

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] That's adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by