Maryallison77

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
I am so excited about my 1st egg! I found it on Friday! It was right in the nestbox just like it is suppose to be! Yesterday I got 1 egg too! I have 16 hens and about half of them are close to laying ages. I have a good idea of who is laying them, but can't remember the type of hen she is. She is just a large plain black hen. She is suppose to have brown eggs and her egg is not exactually white. It is very small, but I just assummed is was cause she was new at this. I believe she is suppose to have normal sized eggs. I do have alot of bantam hens and I know their eggs will be smaller. Well, I am very thrilled with my chicken and their new trick--haha! We used the cute new egg in our cornbread the other night and it was sooooo yummy!

mtnnana

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
new mexico
congratulations.

we were just gifted by our first egg last week and have been getting on every other day. don't know which of our 20 4 1/2 mo. old hens is mommy. eggs are light brown and still small. we do know it is a nn.

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
Great isn't it? I got my first one last Sunday. Have 14 the same age but only one laying. We figure with housing, fencing, cost of birds and food the 7 eggs cost us about 200.00 dollars each. But the cost goes down with each egg.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I still get excited with EVERY egg. For a while my fiance was getting them before I came home, and then I whined on this board and now he waits and lets me get them.
He is a sweetie.

Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
Awesome!

We got two today.. that's 10 in 9 days now. But only 5 of the 18 have laid an egg. Very expensive eggs still at this point.

Maryallison77

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
Hi there everybody! I got another egg yesterday! It's like seeing if I won the lotto everytime I go out there--haha! Now I have hopes of getting more than 1 at a time! I love my chickens!!!

Top Bottom