I have a friend.. she has 4 children
17 yr old DD (18 in November)
14 yr old DD (15 in october)
12yr old DS
9yr old DD

Key points...
legal drinking age in Ontario is 19
wink.png

This is the same friend who wanted to borrow $$ last year to catch up on her rent and I said I did not have it. The she went and bought a brand new Dodge 1500 Ram P/U truck
wink.png

Anyway lately on the face book statuses of her and her 2 oldest daughters are always talking about how drunk they were on the weekend...

this weekend they used the excuse that it was prom night on Friday and she would rather the prom party at her place and know where they are drinking rather to have them drink and drive... OK I can see the logic... BUT no one is of legal age to be drinking... HELLOOOO can we say CPS issue ...

I think I have out grown my "friend" or I am old and crusty now
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Your friend needs a big fat
smack.gif
Im sorry Id outgrow her quickly!!! Im sorry..I feel for those kids they need a mother not a friend who is old enough to buy booz and support their habits!

I will buy my kids drinks and support their habits. I will buy them as much organic milk as they can drink, and will support their reading habits, even nail-biting, if they want. A good parent helps their children make good decisions, and if she is helping them make bad decisions, she needs help.

nail biters will never make good back scratchers. LOL

Are you good enough friends to reminder her of the law, and that children need to learn right from wrong. not one wrong for another wrong.

Doesn't matter what her "beliefs" are on having them drink at home and be safe. If they are underage, it doesn't matter WHERE they drink, and she can be in really big trouble if someone would drink and leave and be in an accident. . . .how ignorant can that be? We had a family that always had big parties and let kids drink and leave and luckily no one was ever hurt . . .but plenty of them were stopped and ticketed for DUI, illegal transport and underage drinking. Not once did the cops ever ask WHERE did you come from? She does need
smack.gif

If she were here in the state of Oregon.... She would make the headline news... We don't go out for that here!!! Contributing to delinquincy of a minor will land her A@@ in jail and on the 6 oclock news....

Quote:
I have tried to explain things... and her reasoning is.....

they will drink in the bush anyway so I might as well let them drink here where I can keep an eye on things...

Back
Top Bottom