My 5 and 2 year old LOVE raising chickens! (And me too)

jluttrtally

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2015
Georgetown texas
We began this journey with Guineas and chicks back in June which we got when they were 1 week old. This has been such a cool experience raising them not only for me,but for my girls! We love to let the chickens and guineas out to free range and the girls get to feed them and watch them grow! Love it!! They are therapeutic to me! I love to hang out side and just watch them... Is that weird?! They have such funny personalities!
We have 6 white rocks, 2 guineas, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Easter egged and now we just added 4 black sex links to the flock!

Hi and welcome to BYC - you seem to have a great flock there (both human and avian). Hanging out with chickens is perfectly normal - I talk to mine so don't worry, you are far from alone. Being nuts about chickens is the norm for BYC members, so feel free to be "weird"

Cheers
Ct

Welcome to BYC!

Cute kids, cute chicks...they just seem to go together. I think raising poultry is a wonderful hobby to introduce children to, they can learn so much and have a great time doing it.

It's not weird at all to enjoy hanging out with the birds, that's called watching chicken tv (and it's the best show around)!

Thanks for sharing your pictures
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom