My 8 week olds are terrified of me!

I start adding extras at about 8 weeks. Some stuff they won't touch. I would only feed bread occasionally. Mine get some every few months when we have a stale bag. Try some scrambled eggs, once the get a taste they will come running from across the yard, plus they are nutritionally good for them, mine grew like weeds from their daily helping.

I raised mine and they were sweet and friendly until we hit the coop lol. Now only one is still friendly. None of them are too scared though. But when I sit outside they will come over and see what I'm doing. When I remember to bring treats, it helps.
I've actually bought an apron (waiting for it to arrive) so I can always have treats on hand so they all will learn to love me! But I'm ok with just my sweet Barred Rock.

Last edited:
I wanted to let you know that I started saying "Here chick chick chick" when I brought them grass (they pecked the stuff in their run down) and soon they would all run to me trying to be the first to get to me. For some reason the Roos, Seamus and Sebastian, are still a little cautious and hide under the coop clucking at the ladies while they gratefully accept grass from my hand. They've also jumped into the bucket I bring the grass in! How can I get the boys more comfortable around me?

Back
Top Bottom